Kickin' it in the HCH
Worked my first shift at Huntsman today. I will be orienting on the surgical floor for about a month before I'm on my own. Boy was it busy. Arrival time 6:53 am. First bathroom break 3:00pm. Lunch break 3:30pm. Departure time 8:00pm. Despite the business/craziness, I had a really good day. First of all, I get to care for one of the best group of people--oncology (cancer) patients. I just love them. They have the best attitudes, are so kind and humble and teach me so much about life and having hope. Second, I felt so welcomed by the staff. Immediately I felt at home which is so hard when you are new. Third, I have the great opportunity to work at a hospital that is nationally recognized and is the designated cancer center for five states in the Intermountain West. It has a wonderful reputation in research and patient care. Plus it is like working in an elegant hotel. Super super nice. And a killer view. Fourth ,"The Point Bistro" located on the top floor. This will become the home of many lunch breaks :)
3 comments:
you are so amazing! i'm so proud of you for landing such an awesome job! yay for ash!
I'm so happy you get to work up there! A family member of mine was a patient awhile back, and it is nothing short of amazing as soon as you walk through the doors! We miss you down here in Provo, but you are going to have such a great experience!!
thanks you two!! I miss you guys in provo too! ahhh the memories of surviving the 7th floor :)
Post a Comment