I just have to say I loved President Uchtdorf's talk tonight. I think his talks just rock.
http://www.lds.org/move/index.html?type=ces&event=1&lang=english
"Much of the confusion we experience in this life comes from simply not understanding who we are. Too many go about their lives thinking they are of little worth when in reality they are elegant and eternal creatures of infinite value with potential beyond imagination."
"You are something divine, More beautiful and glorious than you can possibly imagine. This knowledge changes everything. It changes your present. It can change your future. And it can change the world."
Amen! Seriously, I sometimes just want to scream this to some people. It breaks my heart to see others go through life not realizing the potential they have and/or who they really are. It really is amazing how valued every person in this world is to God.
On a another note, I decided to break out my journal which hasn't been written in for several months. I try to journal regularly, not just to document random crap but it's quite therapeutic for me. I was reading back on some entries from several months ago and I had written down a quote I saw on my friend Brooke's blog. I forgot how much I liked this quote. But thank you Brooke.
"Both abundance and lack exist simultaneously in our lives, as parallel realities. It is always our conscious choice which secret garden we will tend...when we choose not to focus on what is missing from our lives but are grateful for the abundance that's present--love, health, family, friends, work, the joys of nature, and personal pursuits that bring us (happiness)--the wasteland of illusion falls away and we experience heaven on earth." --Sarah Ban Breathnach.
Double Amen. Be grateful for everything :)
3 comments:
Some good thoughts, Ashley.
Thanks for the great reminder. I love President Uchtdorf's talks. They are so good! It was good to see you the other day.
Hey! Thanks for posting this; I had to work when he gave his talk, and I usually don't go back and watch the firesides. But your post *inspired* me to go back and watch it! :) I'm glad I did, it was a good one! I'm loving President Uchtdorf more and more! He's so sincere and great-I love it! I hope life is treating you well! How's Huntsman?
Post a Comment