So right now it's 3am and I am working the lovely night shift. Finally the call lights have tapered off and all my patients BETTER be sleeping (thank you dilaudid & morphine). Facebook, blog stalking and eating cookies only kills so much time so I thought I'd actually post something. Warning: this post is random and it is 3am. And I feel like telling stories. So my co-workers right now are watching you-tube video clips of Brian Regan. He is pretty halarious. One video in particular sadly represents an experience I had. It really is pretty sad, not the depressing, "oh I feel sorry for you" sad but rather "you're an idiot, that's embarassing" kind of sad. Perhaps I should not reveal my blonde moments but it's actually pretty funny. So to preface the story, please view the video link below:One fine afternoon while living at The Avenues, I decided to make myself a poptart. Simple enough right? Negative. So I opened up the package and popped one of those bad boys in the toaster. I think I even changed the setting to a 3 or 4 so it would cook to a golden brown. I left the room to continue a convo with one of my friends online. A few minutes passed and I smelt something burning. Immediately I jumped from my seat, sprinted to the kitchen and lo and behold, a burnt poptart was before my eyes. Shiz I thought. Okay so no worries, I had the other poptart remaining from the previous opened package. I grabbed it, threw it in and turned the dial down. Now it'll be fine I thought. So I ventured back into my room to finish talking with my friend. Mistake. For some reason, in those 5 minutes, I completely spaced the 2nd poptart and luckily smelt it burning as opposed to finding my kitchen in flames. I was SO mad. How could I have failed twice?? It's a freakin' POPTART! So I gave up. I didn't have any more poptarts so I resorted to my wheat thins. About 20 min later, Steph comes home and exclaims, "Have you been cooking?!?"...sadly, I couldn't answer yes because lets be honest, making a poptart is NOT cooking. Stephanie soon finds out there is no food to be found and that I attempted to make a poptart not once BUT twice. Good times, good times. I will never be allowed to forget that one. Moral of the story: Laugh at yourself especially when you do stupid things. It's healthy and life shouldn't always be taken seriously. And I promise I can cook :)
2 comments:
AAAAHAHAHAHA LOVE IT!!! I totally remember that and will most definitely not let you forget it. Oh Lilash.....
I make poptarts pretty much every day. Maybe you should put me on poptart duty. Do not, however, put me on frozen pizza duty. I've burned those a bunch of times.
Post a Comment