02 July 2011

i have the travel bug.

I want to go everywhere. I've always loved traveling and for some reason this past year I've been itching to get out more and take advantage of this time in my life. I have the perfect job to do it and keep thinking my money isn't meant to just sit in my bank account. I need to enjoy it a little right? Of course I'm not going to blow my savings but I'm definitely believing in the philosophy of "work hard, play hard". Life is to be enjoyed, not endured as one wise man said :)

Some highlights from the past couple months:

In April took a lovely trip to DC with a couple of my bff's L & B. We're dorks and loved every minute of our educational trip back east.


About a week later took off to Cancun with the fam. Is it pathetic that I still think about this place pretty much everyday and want to be back there? It was quite possibly the best vacation I've been on.  My favs of the trip: spider monkey, snorkeling, Chichen Itza and the beautiful clear blue water!

June brought the yearly trip to Moab...

...and lots of time with these people!

July brings a trip to Seattle, August will be Cali and hopefully Thailand at the end of the year!

My dream list: Tahiti, Thailand, Europe, Egypt (or anywhere in Africa would be sweet), Brazil, back to down under & New Zealand, San Fran, Alaska...pretty much the whole world :)

Anyone wanna be my travel buddy?

6 comments:

Neil Thompson said...

Mom and I just watched the movie 'Taken', and we decided you're staying in Utah.

Jennifer Ames said...

Looks like you're having so much fun! Way to enjoy it all! Isn't Cancun amazing! If you visit Thailand, maybe you can say hi to my brother on his mission, =) haha! Glad you're doing well!

Brooke said...

me, pick me!

Kelli said...

I'll totally be your travel buddy if you add Greece and Spain to your Europe itinerary. But seriously, I want to take like a month or 2 and do Europe within the next 2 years. And maybe we can do NZ, too. Seriously, let's talk :) Brooke can come, too. She looks cool. Hehe.

Kelli said...

And when are you coming to Seattle?! Come visit me! I'm gone for a lot of the month, but hopefully our paths will cross. If you need a couch to crash on, mine's open! I live about 15 minutes or so from Seattle :)

Jenny said...

Why isn't Arizona on your list?