Wow I can't believe it has been since LAST JULY that I blogged. No one probably reads my blog besides my parents but I'll keep at it since it's a good way to document my life/thoughts/things I've learned and am learning. It is crazy how fast life can change. From feeling like you are on top of the world and that life is so good to experiencing your worst fear and the unimaginable heartbreak that follows. I never imagined that I'd go through the things I've gone through recently. But I have to quickly remind myself of how much worse it could be and that I have so much to be grateful for. It amazes me when I think about the great power of choice--choosing to be happy, to be grateful, to be positive, to serve others, even in the midst of our trials. It is extremely hard to do especially when you are in the thick of whatever trial you are experiencing but I am learning how healing comes when I have applied this to my life. None of us are immune to the trials of life, the heartbreaks, the disappointments, etc but how great it is that we have the choice to react to them in a certain way. And how incredibly refining it is when we literally turn our broken hearts to the Savior. I came across this blog recently that has really helped remind me of these important truths.
I have been blessed with incredible family and friends who have supported me so much these last couple months and am just so very grateful for each of them. Thank you. Seriously thank you. Even though it is not fun going through hard things, it always amazes me the love and support people give when others are suffering. I don't know if I can say trials are a beautiful thing but what results from them through the love of others and God and how we choose to view them really is a wonderful thing.
My heart is still healing but I have hope that the things I desire most will work out somehow :)
So let the picture updates begin...
July 2011:
4th of July spent with the whole fam--parade, games at the park, bbq, fireworks.
Seattle trip with bff Lindsey to visit our friends Ilene & Eric.
August 2011:
California trip with Lindsey to visit Steph and her new baby and also spent some time with my bro and other friend Shayla.
Fall 2011:
Many beautiful warm nights with incredible sunsets, trip to Angel's landing, hiking/biking with my Mom, Rascal Flatts concert, San Francisco trip and a lot of other 'things' which won't be posted :)
Winter 2011:
Spent Thanksgiving & Christmas with the fam & friends that came into town, moved in temporarily with my brother Phil and his family in Lehi, lots of time spent with the niece and nephews, and bff Lindsey got married!
2011 was quite up and down but there were lots of great memories and fun times I will always remember! Definitely looking forward to this new year...here's to 2012!


















5 comments:
wow, what a great post! you are incredible, smash... truly an example of love, perserverance, determination, etc etc etc... you're amazing!! i LOVE you. (ps: I stole pickies!)
This post is so amazing - you're amazing! You're such a great example to me and I strive to be more like you! love you!!
I admire your strength Ash...wish I could be more like you! Can't wait to see you in a month!
Ashley, you are seriously such an amazing person!! We feel so lucky to have you around. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings. Love all the picures, especially the one with you, Phil and the perfect gingerbread house :)
great post, love all the photos! did you have any luck finding a place to live yet?
Post a Comment